Friday, June 25, 2010

Meet Frances Pauli


Hi everyone,

I wanted you to learn a little about my friend Frances Pauli.

Why do you write speculative romance?

I enjoy reading both Science Fiction and Urban Fantasy, so I write in
those areas. The Romance happens whether I intend it to or not, and
I’ve decided not to fight it. Seriously, though, I love Spec-Rom. It’s
the sort of thing I dream about. I can’t think of any other stories
I’d be this happy writing.

What are you working on now?
I’m in the middle of a holiday story at the moment. The working title
is Lords of Oak and Holly, and my protagonist is an ice sculptor who
falls for the prince of winter. I have an e-book release coming up
this summer. That one is the first in my Dimensional Hotel series, a
humorous, inter-dimensional romance about a small town hotel maid
whose new job is out of this world—literally.

What do you love most about being an author?
I love the stories, the characters and the little surprises that sneak
into my books when I’m not looking. Three years ago I couldn’t fathom
finishing a novel. Today I can’t imagine doing anything else, ever.
What is your favorite book of all time (by another author)?
That’s a close race between Andre Norton’s, Year of the Unicorn and
Christopher Moore’s, Lamb. I think Norton would edge him out, though,
because she has the romance going for her.

As an electronically published author, what advice can you give to
someone looking to dive into the industry? Any warnings or cautionary
tales?
Do a search on everyone you come into contact with. Learn as much as
you can about everything before you even consider submitting. If you
know what industry standards are, you’ll be less likely to fall for
something that doesn’t qualify.


Tell us a little about your latest release.
My first e-book, Roarke, was released in March from Devine Destinies.
The story is a futuristic romance about a mercenary who wakes from the
“dead” with no memory of her past or her identity. While piecing
together her fragmented memories, she has to decide if who she was is
really who she wants to be.

Where can readers find you?
My homepage is at: http://francespauli.com
I write a blog at: http://francespauli.blogspot.com
And offer a free serial at: http://spaceslugserial.blogspot.com
The latter is a humorous space opera about a rather uptight
xeno-biologist, her space harlot sister and all the trouble they can get into and, occasionally, out of.


Roarke is available through Devine Destinies:
http://www.devinedestinies.com/shopdevine/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=ebook_flypage.tpl&product_id=860&category_id=40&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=69
And on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/ylfz9te

I’m also offering a copy of a free-ebook sampler, Temptations, to
anyone who comments on the blog. The sampler features love scenes from
various romance and erotica authors and includes a scene from my
unpublished story, A New Canterbury Affair. The book is 18 and over
only, please. If you’d like a copy, post an email addy in the comments
or send it to me privately.

Thanks, and thanks to Anita for having me stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment