Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How to Embrace Your Own Craziness

I posted this a while ago, but really liked it so I thought I would share it with my readers again.


How to embrace your own craziness

Craziness in this context is defined as having a lot of balls in the air, for the most part willingly, and keeping them there knowing at times you will want to pull your hair out. The first step for me in being able to manage the craziness was to own it. To admit that while I might complain about it being too much to handle at times, I liked it that way. It kept me excited and energized. Having a lot to do makes me much more effective because if I have too much time on my hands I procrastinate. I also know there is so much I want to accomplish in life, all while being a good mother, that I have to be a little nuts to even attempt to do it all. I have a list of all these things I want to do and I am determined to get it done. There is so much life has to offer that I want to take advantage of it all and that is OK!

Understanding what makes you the best version of yourself and following that path, even if it seems crazy, is the first important step for anyone. You can’t be afraid to be who you are and often we get caught up in who we feel we aught to be and sort of morph it to be our own that we forget who we originally wanted to be. It’s hard to juggle family and what you want and need but to be the best version of yourself is the best example you can set for your family.

You also need to know it is ok to take time out for yourself so you can continue to start that energized and motivated person. When you have a lot going on you can easily burnout and that makes it difficult to be your fabulous self.

You can do anything you want to do. You are confident and strong women!
Laina


The blurb:


Chiczofrenic is the term for the woman who is purposeful and intentional in how crazy her life may be. The goal with this book is to recognize many women drive themselves crazy, intentionally, by trying to be all they can. I firmly believe we can have it all. A great relationship, being a great mom, keeping a good house (if that’s important to you), being a career woman, following your dreams, working out, eating right, and many more. Women seem to have the knack for how to manage it all and not go crazy. Women seem to always take on more and more…and are successful at it.

Women have tried forever to pretend they fit in the norm even when the norm wasn’t what they wanted. I want women to embrace that more - without caring what anyone thinks. Learn to laugh at your own craziness and be cool at the same time. Be the strong individual you want to be while looking like a million bucks.

Being a woman is difficult and is a constant evolution and journey of self discovery. It’s not always an easy journey and through the process you realize everyone has her own issues. Her own brand of crazy, which is my own kind of normal. Crazy but embracing it.


Visit Laina Turner's website to learn more about her and her book
http://www.lainaturner.com/

Thanks Laina for stopping by,

Anita

http://www.anitaphilmar.com/

3 comments:

  1. Laina, I know exactly what you mean. We seem to be afflicted with the same "crazy" gene. I need to take a page out of your book and learn how not to burn out. Thanks for sharing this post.

    lbelow(at)lbelow.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Sometimes I feel like I've taken on too much and that maybe I need to step back a bit but then I realized what you said about procrastinating if you don't stick to your plan...I do that and then I find myself wondering what I did with the lost time...your book sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks L.K. and Maria for you post.

    ReplyDelete