Thursday, July 28, 2011

Guest Today - Glee Montrose written by Patricia Green

First, let's learn a little about Ms. Montrose story.

Glee Elizabeth Montrose is an eccentric heiress with an entourage consisting of two eunuchs and a mute maid. A confirmed "bachelor," she's traveling across the US to escape Boston's restrictive culture and an unpleasant reunion with the Sultan of Constantinople. Her goal is to reach her inherited rancho in California where she can finish writing her father's final book manuscript in peace.

Esteban Garcia is an alleged murderer being dragged across the US by a drunken bounty-hunter/trail guide. Garcia insists that he is a victim of mistaken identity and is Alejandro Pacheco, owner of a rancho in northern California.

Attracted as she is to Esteban/Alejandro, Glee remains unsure whether to believe him or not. Is he a despicable murderer and thief?


Now for the Interview -

Have you ever found a heroine or hero so fascinating that you'd like to sit down and have a conversation with her or him? What questions would you ask? Recently, I gave this some thought and decided to write a little interview with the heroine of UNDER WRAPS, my historical romance novel. Her name is Glee Montrose, and she's a little…well…eccentric.

PG: Good morning, Miss Montrose. I understand you recently visited Constantinople? How did you like it?
GM: Please call me Glee. Yes, I spent two years in a harem there. I wasn't a concubine, you understand, but a guest. It was quite exotic and educational. The women were fascinating and the culture very different from the United States, or anywhere else I've visited, for that matter.

PG: Now you're in Boston. You brought a few things back with you, didn't you?
GM: Yes. I was given some truly beautiful garments while I was there. Hardly proper for society here, unfortunately. Though there was the Soutraine's ball recently, and I wore one of the harem outfits there. What a fiasco! Anyway, I also came back with two more servants: eunuchs. They were gifts from the Sultan of Constantinople. People here look at them strangely, but they're part of my retinue now and I am comfortable with them.

PG: You also have a maid, don't you? An African woman?
GM: Amina is her name. She's mute, but we communicate through sign. She's incredibly clever and loyal. I can't imagine life without her nearby.

PG: You aren't planning on staying in Boston, are you?
GM: Well, I was, but it looks like my Uncle has other, less appealing plans for me, so I've decided to leave Boston in order to find the freedom I need to finish writing my father's last book.

PG: Where are you going?
GM: Monterey, California.

PG: That's a long way away. How do you plan to get there? You know, the cross-continental railroad is far from complete.
GM: I'll travel by wagon. It's a long journey, but necessary.

PG: So you'll sign on with a wagon train—
GM: No! Actually, I'm hiring a guide. He's a little…unconventional, but then so am I.

PG: So it'll be your retinue and this guide?
GM: The guide is a bounty hunter. He is transporting a criminal on the journey as well. I'm not happy with the situation, but I don't have time to find another guide.

PG: Is the criminal a danger to you?
GM: Possibly. But, he's got his charms as well. It's a little upsetting to find him attractive, since he's accused of murder and theft. But I'm in complete control of myself. Really, I am.

PG: It sounds like the journey will be somewhat uncomfortable for you, Glee. I know you have to get ready to go, so we'll close here. My advice to you is to stay away from that prisoner.
GM: I'm rather terrible at following advice. Thank you for having me.

Now let's meet the author of Under Wraps

Having begun her writing career at the tender age of seven by publishing a poem in a children's magazine, Ms. Green has spent many years at typewriter and keyboard. She's the author of 8 published projects (7 ebooks; and one out-of-print traditional book).


She is a member of EPIC, the Erotic Authors Association, and the Erotica Readers and Writers Association.

Ms. Green resides in the Washington DC area, is married to her best friend, and is the mother of twin daughters.


Email: pig@patriciagreenbooks.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patricia-Green/164844220254733
Twitter: @PatriciaIGreen
Website: http://www.patriciagreenbooks.com/


More about her book with an excerpt.

Glee tried to compose herself before entering the parlor. She knew Aunt Ulalie would be aghast at her appearance; she always was. Her Aunt would also be quite taken aback by the two eunuchs. Glee thought she had planned for that, at least, during the six weeks it took to reach Boston from Constantinople. The worst confrontation would be over her Aunt's disapproval of Glee's plan to find a suitable lodging of her own and closet herself away to finish her father's book.


Perhaps that bit of knowledge could wait a week or two, until she settled in. It had been two years, she reminded herself. And the last visit was so brief that she had barely caught her breath. "Coward," she chided herself softly.

Her slightly pointed chin tilted up, she straightened her shoulders as she opened the parlor doors.

And here's the Buy links for "Under Wraps":

New Dawning International Bookfair--

http://www.newdawningbookfair.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=4&flypage=flypage.tpl.master&product_id=38&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=186&vmcchk=1&Itemid=186

Amazon--

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Wraps-ebook/dp/B004UVYIY4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301930589&sr=1-1-fkmr0

All Romance eBooks--

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-underwraps-532767-154.html

Smashwords--

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50900

Bookstrand--

http://www.bookstrand.com/under-wraps-0


Don't forget Patricia is giving away a $10 Amazon gift card. Follow the tour and leave comments; the more, the better your chances of winning. Tour dates can be found here: http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2011/06/virtual-book-tour-under-wraps-by.html.


Thank you, Patricia for stopping by. It sounds like you have a winner of a book on your hands.
Anita
www.anitaphilmar.com

21 comments:

  1. Before we get too far along, I'd like to say thank you to our host, Anita. It's very kind of her to have me here. Thanks, Anita!

    I found that the best way to comment is to open the comment window in a new tab. If you're having any trouble with commenting, you might try that first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very fun interview, enjoy reading character interviews, they are so much fun. Glee sounds like a very take charge woman, she knows what she wants and she is going to achieve it.

    Jean
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jean. Nice to see you here. Glee is a woman on a mission. She has great determination, and although she gets a little distracted, she never loses sight of her goal.

    Thank you for joining me today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry everyone for the comment problems. Changed the settings so hopefully it is easier.

    Thanks again Patricia for visiting,

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Anita. No, not quite fixed. One still has to open the comments in a new tab in order to get to the comments page. Dontcha just love technology?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Patricia,

    I changed the settings again. Hopefully, this will make it easier for everyone.

    Again sorry for the comment problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love character interviews - they're so much fun :-)

    smaccall AT comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Bookwyrm. It was fun to write the interview, too. The only trick was to avoid spoilers.

    I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Thank you for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Patricia. I just had to come by to see Glee's interview. She's a fantastic heroine and I loved reading her story, so I couldn't resist reading her responses to your questions. She's got such a different perspective, you never know what she's going to say or do! And me thinks the lady doth protest too much in question 9!

    Great book, excellent heroine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Jenna. Your enthusiasm is very exciting. Thank you so much! Glee may be protesting a bit too loudly and a bit too long. Her eyes are quite often on Esteban/Alejandro.

    Thank you for following along on the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview! And this story sounds great! I'm definitely going to have to read it!

    ruby95660@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Ruby. I'm glad you enjoyed my little chat with Glee. When you're done reading the book, drop me a note and let me know how you liked it. I love hearing from readers.

    Thank you for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a Hoot. I like it Trish. I hope your efforts translate into sales.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Dee. Sales would be good. It's hard to buy peanut butter without a few coins.

    Thank you for popping in. I'm glad I could give you a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the cover is beautiful and i loved the excerpt. i have been having a lot of fun following your tour. i can't wait to read the book.

    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Tammy. Thanks for your enthusiasm for UNDER WRAPS. I agree that the cover is compelling; the publisher did a wonderful job with it.

    I appreciate your time following along. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the interview! I like it when characters get interviewed, always a great point-of-view! Thanks for the interview!

    claudigc at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Claudia. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. I feel like I get a very in-depth interview with my characters as I invent them for the story. Many of them become my best friends!

    Thank you for coming by. You're entered in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A big Thank You to everyone who participated here. The winners' names can be found on my website: http://www.patriciagreenbooks.com . They have also been notified by email. I truly appreciate your time, and I hope to hear from you again. Feel free to contact me.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really great interview! This book sounds great!!

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete