Thursday, July 21, 2016

#AmWriting A Historical Ghost Story Along with Others #TGTBTG

Hi everyone,

I'm very excited about a new story I'm working on. It's called McKee's Ghost and is part of a box set that I'm going with a group of other authors.

If you spend any time on Amazon, you probably have seen the popularity of box sets. So to get a better perspective on why author do these types of books, I asked the other members of the current box set I’m doing The Good, the Bad, and the Ghostly.



Tell us what you like about contributing (writing a story) for a boxed set. What are the benefits?


Keta Diablo said:
This is my fifth anthology and I really enjoy writing for and contributing to boxed sets. One plus is the friendships and corroboration while bringing the whole thing together. An added benefit is having eight authors help market and promote the anthology. Lastly, I think it’s exciting to start with the germ of an idea and see it develop into eight complete stories that we hope people enjoy reading as much as we enjoyed writing.   

Anita Philmar said:
There are many benefits to writing a box set. I’m sure everyone can say help with marketing, sharing ideas, coming together on a joint project. I personally, like the idea of taking one idea and having different stories all stem from that central idea. Can wait to read all of them.

Blaire Edens said:
Boxed sets are great for several reasons. I love working with other authors to create a common theme or setting and then seeing where each contributor goes with her story. It’s also a great way for readers to find and connect with new authors. From a business perspective, I always learn tons of new stuff from other authors when I’m working on a boxed set contribution. It’s a win-win.

Charlene Radddon said:
One benefit is working with some great authors, getting to know them and how they work. I believe having a story in an anthology helps give authors more exposure as well.


Patty Sherry-Crews said:
I agree with you, Anita. I love to see what happens when you give a group of people a kernel to work with and what direction they go with it. We are amazing creatures.
Working on an anthology is an education. I’ve learned so much working this way. And in this arena, people bring their strengths as well as their weaknesses, so together we can put out a finished product that is strong. Everyone brings something to the table.

Margo Collins said: 
I love working with writers with such different backgrounds and ideas! We might not always agree, but we still manage to work together to come up with a fascinating concept. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone develops this idea.

Erin Hayes said:
I like the collective consciousness that comes from working in a boxed set. Everyone interprets the setting and story differently, so that is always fun to see. It’s a fun process!

Andrea Downing said:
I like the interaction and support the other authors give, but most of all I guess I like the shared responsibility for promotion!  You know how we authors all love promotion…  It’s also good to learn from each other.

As you can see there are lots of reasons for authors doing a box set.

I'm very excited about this group and will be sharing more about the box set over the next month or two. The release date is in Sept with the box set going up for pre order sometime in August.

Thanks as aways for taking the time to read my blog,

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment