Friday, September 23, 2016

#Cowboys and Ghost, Oh my! #Ghosthunters from the Old West #TGTBTG


 I had to ask the other authors in this box set what they thought about combining western romance with ghost stories?

Here’s what they had to say.


Patty Sherry-Crews said:

I think the old west and ghosts go together very well. We are taken with the folklore of that time and place in the same way we’re intrigued with ghosts. The west is a place where so many cultures came together, clashed, melded, and brought their traditions and stories. Many people migrated there with high hopes but not all achieved success. There are a lot of tragic stories, and many met their end violently. And of course, the basis of so many ghost stories are romances gone wrong.



Keta Diablo said:
I think cowboys and ghosts are a great combination and two of the most popular tropes right now. Ghost stories…think abandoned ghost towns of the Old West and hawt cowboys. People have always held a fascination for ghosts and the afterlife so why not combine them with rugged, alpha cowboys and see what turns up?


Anita Philmar said:
This is the best of both worlds. Not only can you have a hot cowboy but a ghost to cause trouble. What more can an author ask for?

Blaire Edens said:
I love a book that includes elements of more than one genre. Not only are they fun to read, they’re great fun to write. In this case of this story, ghosts and the Old West (my story takes places in the late 1800s) seem like a natural fit. With outlaws and working girls, unrequited love and harsh conditions, there’s bound to be a ghost in nearly every saloon and hotel room. Because the West, especially just after the Civil War, was a land with tons of interesting characters, it’s easy to imagine some of those folks hanging around even after they’ve said their earthly good-byes.


Charlene Radddon said:
     I think it's fabulous. People back then tended to believe in ghosts and the supernatural more than we do now, so it's a good fit.

Margo Collins said:
I'm delighted to combine them! I have had a old-west demon-hunter character in mind for a long time; I'm glad to have a chance to write her into a story!

Erin Hayes said:
This is right up my alley! I love combining genres because when you do, you come up with something very fun and different. That’s what I’m aiming to do with my story.

Andrea Downing said:
You know, I’d never thought of combining the two because I’m something of a purist when it comes to the west, but as soon as Keta suggested the idea I had a story in my head.  It doesn’t always happen that way.  I’m glad to be part of this anthology and think it’s a great, fun idea.






Check out this

Exciting New Box Set with 8 Other
Award Winning and Best Selling Authors


The Good, the Bad and the Ghostly

Sweet and Sensual Ebook -- cover for The Good, the Bad, and the Ghostly


Margo Bond Collins

Keta Diablo

Andrea Downing

Blaire Edens

Erin Hayes

Anita Philmar

Charlene Raddon

Patti Sherry-Crews

Warning - this is a sweet to sensual western, historical box set. 

Now Up for PreOrder on 
Amazon


What do you get when you mix cowboys with ghosts? A collection of eight (stand-alone) amazing stories from the Old West with haunts of every variety.

Get your love of alpha cowboys on and feed your addiction for the bizarre (and sometimes spooky) world when you download The Good, The Bad and The Ghostly.

Bestselling and Award-winning authors are pleased to save you more than 75% on this fantastic boxed set! (Price if books sold separately) 


Check out the Sample Book, which includes recipes and tidbits about stories locations
Download Sample Book 

Or Watch the Trailer 


Hope you enjoy,

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment