Tuesday, December 26, 2017

New Year's Eve was meant for celebrating, wasn't it? #Romance #Anthology, @KRBwrites



A Naughty New Year

Available only as part of the Mischief under the Mistletoe Anthology

On Sale for Preorder at Amazon: 11/25/17 – On Sale for download at Amazon: 12/7/17
Taglines:
New Year's Eve was meant for celebrating, wasn't it?






Blurb:
Kelly Evans is nearly six months pregnant when her Dom husband, Jim, suggests they invite their closest friends over for a private New Year's Eve party. Just a friendly get together, nothing kinky, and no champagne for either of the girls, since Kelly's friend, Tiffany, was a month along further than she was. Given it's New Year's Eve, Kelly feels Jim's no-champagne edict isn't fair, but Jim warns her if she goes against his wishes, she will be punished. Though Kelly understands Jim's reasoning, she still feels he's merely being over-protective, and as much as she loves him a sip of champagne never hurt anyone. That is until now.



Excerpt - Terms of Agreement (D/s rules PG13)


"Yeah. I know. And I also know you'd like to party a bit more than I want you to. The decision is yours, Kelly, just as it has always been."
"So, what does that mean, exactly?"
"The rules haven't changed. You disobey me, you get punished. "
"You won't be angry?"
He arched his eyebrow in response, undoubtedly to remind Kelly he didn't appreciate words being put into his mouth. "I didn't say that, did I?"
"No. But you implied it, and I don't want you to view my wish for a little champagne tonight as violating your trust. Your punishments aren't fun, but your expressions of disappointment are brutal."
His hesitation spoke volumes. "So, what do you want from me?"
Kelly fought back tears of frustration. "Some reassurance you won't take my actions as a deliberate betrayal."
He shrugged. "I won't be happy if you go against my wishes, and I will punish you, but I'll consider it a level one offense."
Only a level one? She titled her head to one side. "What? Like sticking my tongue out at you?"
"No," he said slowly. "More like sassin' your Dom."
Kelly's heart leapt into her throat. "But that's the same level as a direct challenge."
"If the shoe fits…" He let her fill in the rest of the sentence.
She didn't like where this conversation was taking them. Not one bit. All she wanted was a sip of champagne, not a night of bar hopping. "Sassing during D/s is not a level one infraction, Jim. It's a level three. The only things higher are open defiance, lying and deliberate sneaking."
The ever-present eyebrow rose again. "I don't disagree, but I'm not gonna let you top from the bottom, either, Kelly." He lowered his arms, putting physical as well as emotional distance between them. "I should rate your disobedience as an open defiance to my orders, but I won't. Do this, and you'll receive five whacks minimum, or spend the night in the guest room. Those are your choices and my terms."





Mischief under the Mistletoe Buy Link




BIO
Although Kathryn is relatively new to the spanking romance market, she is not new to stories where the hero spanks the heroine.  In fact, most of her novels have some sort of spanking in them.  However, even in Kathryn's novels where the hero firmly believes in using spanking as a deterrent, he has no desire to cause the heroine injury and takes no delight in hurting the woman of his heart.  In fact, sometimes he finds it extremely difficult to follow through on his threats or promises.
To date, all of her heroes are dominant, alpha males who are extremely protective of the women they love.  However, part of that protectiveness includes the need for a certain amount of control.  They do not suffer defiance or disobedience lightly. Even so, these men aren't infallible, and they do make mistakes, but love and respect will always triumph in the end.


Social Media Links:
You can find Kathryn lurking in the following locations:


Thanks for sharing,

Anita

1 comment: