Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome My Guest Today Jennifer Jakes

Q: Was your road to publication a delightful stroll in the park or a tiring job over hot coals?

A - I'm going to duck as I say this, but it was pretty much a stroll. Not that I didn't get a few blisters or cry a few tears along the way, but I got really lucky to find wonderful critique partners . . .and I'm extremely single minded when I want something, so I studied the craft constantly and made it happen.



Q: Do you have critique partners?

A - Yes, when writing RAFE'S REDEMPTION I had Barb and Sara Ann *waves!* and now I'm lucky enough to have gained 2 more, Marci and Lisa *waves*. I would not be here without them, and I truly believe finding good CPs are the key to becoming a better writer.



Q: What was the best advice you were given leading you to getting published?

A - Well, I had lots of good advice. But one that I believe is most important is to keep learning the craft.



Q: Do you believe in love at first sight or just lust at first sight?

A - Yes. LOL I believe that sometimes what we think is just lust is really our soul claiming "There's my other half". The first time I saw my hubby (of 18 years) I was instantly attracted. Did I love him....? I didn't think so. Actually, I didn't really like him -just liked the way he looked. HA HA Probably because he pushed all my buttons, and I didn't think I wanted that. But he didn't give up, and as I got to know him, I realized he was perfect for me in many ways. (That's a nice way of dancing around admitting he was right) He made me laugh (still does), and he has a very kind heart.



Q: Tropical or European vacation?

A - Tropical. White sand beach, hammock for 2 between palm trees, cold drink. . .ahhhhhh;) Can I go there now?

Only wish we both could.

Find out more about Jennifer Jakes by visiting her at


http://www.jenniferjakes.com/
http://www.authorjenniferjakes.blogspot.com/

And her current release is



RAFE'S REDEMPTION

Available From The Wild Rose Press
Buy Link http://tinyurl.com/4oh5387

A teaser for you -


He rode into town to buy supplies, not a woman.

For hunted recluse Rafe McBride, the raven-haired beauty on the auction block is exactly what he doesn't need. A dependant woman will be another clue his vengeful stepbrother can use to find and kill him. But Rafe's conscience won't let him leave another innocent's virginity to the riff-raff bidding. He buys her, promising to return her to St. Louis untouched. He only prays the impending blizzard holds off before her sultry beauty breaks his willpower.

She wanted freedom, not a lover.

Whisked to the auction block by her devious, gambling cousin, and then sold into the arms of a gorgeous stranger, outspoken artist Maggie Monroe isn't about to go meekly. Especially when the rugged mountain man looks like sin and danger rolled into one. But a blizzard and temptation thrust them together, and Maggie yearns to explore her smoldering passion for Rafe.

But when the snow clears, will the danger and secrets that surround Rafe and Maggie tear them apart?

Thank Jennifer for dropping by. You are welcome any time.

Anita











Anita www.anitaphilmar.com

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here today, Anita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby sounds a lot like mine. Scary to think. lol I love the sound of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL !! Yes, that is scary:) Glad you like the blurb for Rafe. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I'm so far behind today I'm just wading though emails and saw you were visiting. Calvin is still talking about being a guest on your blog; all that female attention really stroked his ego.

    As for "Rafe's Redemption," you know I loved it. A KEEPER, ladies. You'll love every word, every sigh, every kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SO much, Vonnie!
    And I loved having you and Calvin as guests. Come back anytime!
    Hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again Jennifer for visiting and everyone who stop by to hear about her awesome book.

    ReplyDelete