Sunday, February 28, 2016

Interview for the #EggcerptExchange With @KRBwrites Lessons in Love

Interview for Kathryn Blake

Are you like any of your heroines?
I'd say most of my heroines and I share some history. They are a part of me and share some of my feelings, but they are definitely different people. Most are much braver and fiestier than I ever could be, but then I'm more even tempered and easy going than most of the women in my stories, and I have fewer hang-ups.

Are you working on a new book right now?
I think I'm always working on something, but the next new book I expect to publish is actually a prequel to my only BDSM novel, "A Dom's Dilemma." This is Kelly's introduction to BDSM through a Daddy Dom and age play.

How many books have you written and are they all spanking fiction?
"Lessons in Love" is my eighth novel, but only my sixth spanking romance. My two other books are paranormal romances that have a bit of spanking in them, but aren't spanking romances by definition. So, all my books at least mention spanking and have dominant heroes struggling to protect independent heroines.

What advice would you have for writers who decide to try their hand at erotica?
My first advice would be to read several books in the genre. If you don't enjoy reading the stories, you aren't going to enjoy writing them. So make sure it's a genre pool you feel comfortable playing in.

How did you come up with your title?
The hero is a strong proponent of domestic discipline, and he believes in teaching his assistants how to be better people. He starts out considering the heroine to be a perfect project for his methods, but then ends up falling in love with her, which is a life lesson for him.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
My heroine has a lot of issues, including a huge helping of self-doubt, but the hero gets her to see herself the way he sees her. She's not entirely convinced he's not nearsighted, but she does finally accept that he loves her and he isn't trying to change her into something she's not. So, despite all her problems, she is worthy of being loved.

Who designed your book's cover?
My publisher ABCD Graphics is credited with the design. I checked to see if an artist was named in the credits, but none were, so I believe the responsible individual is on my publisher's staff.

Do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?
Yes, I'd like to publicly acknowledge the help and support I received from a few individuals. Books require a team effort, so I'd like to thank Kate Richards for her editorial guidance, Celeste Jones for her insightful input, and Staci Taylor for overseeing the project.

What was your favorite chapter or part to write?
Good question. I'd have to say one of my favorite parts is near the end of the book when the heroine discovers just how much the hero knew about her past and how much influence he had on her getting hired by his company. She's fallen in love with him, but the discovery leaves her feeling a bit like an insect under a microscope, so she plots her escape with a co-worker's assistance.

Are you a morning or night person?
Definitely a night person, though I sometimes go to bed early in the morning after working all night, so I'm either a very late night person or a very early morning person.

As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
My aspirations changed as I grew up. At one point early on I thought I wanted to become a doctor or vet, but I can't stand to see anyone in pain, especially not children or animals, so that bubble burst. Ballet always interested me, but I've got two left feet, so didn't get very far with that one, either. I loved to act, so I was a bit of a drama queen. In college, I majored in drama, but I identified too closely with my characters, so I gave up that dream to identify with my characters through writing.

What Internet site do you surf to the most?
Facebook. I never used to visit FB, but then I joined some writing groups and now it's one of the first and last places I visit. That and my e-mail, of course.

When people look at me they would never guess that I:
Write erotic spanking romances. I mean I look like such a nice, quiet, polite woman that people never suspect I entertain a much naughtier side. Appearances can be deceiving.



Bio:

Lessons in Love is Kathryn R. Blake's sixth novel with Blushing Books, and fifth spanking romance where Domestic Discipline is primary to the plot.  Although Kathryn is relatively new to the spanking romance market, she is not new to stories where the hero spanks the heroine.  In fact, most of her novels have some sort of spanking in them.  However, even in Kathryn's novels where the hero firmly believes in using spanking as a deterrent, he has no desire to cause the heroine injury and takes no delight in hurting the woman of his heart.  In fact, sometimes he finds it extremely difficult to follow through on his threats or promises.
To date, all of her heroes are dominant, alpha males who are extremely protective of the women they love.  However, part of that protectiveness includes the need for a certain amount of control.  They do not suffer defiance or disobedience lightly. Even so, these men aren't infallible, and they do make mistakes, but love and respect will always triumph in the end.
Kathryn has been a member of RWA since the early 1980s and has joined several local and special interest chapters. Besides writing, Kathryn enjoys traveling, reading, attending the theatre, and is a passionate lover of animals, so much so that in 2015 a stray cat adopted her. The stray now sleeps in Kathryn's bed.  She has also recently taken up the expensive hobby of making and selling jewelry.
Her personal website, www.kathrynrblake.com, is filled with photos and links to information about her many interests as well as peppered with quizzes, contests, games and lots of other fun things to do and she loves to hear from her readers, so she has an e-mail link at the bottom of every page.

Social Links:





Latest Release 

Short Blurb:

Pam Weston didn't have many choices as far as employment went. Her prison sentence saw to that. With limited secretarial skills, and an even more limited budget, she never considered herself executive material. So, when she was ordered to report to the CEO of her company as his new personal assistant, she fully expected to be checking out the "Help Wanted" section of the paper before the day was over.

Robert Peterson knew his management style was not HR approved, but he believed in using the stick as well as the carrot. Employing the tenets of domestic discipline, he helped mold his personal assistants into confident women who recognized their own self-worth. Even so, his unorthodox methods were only one of the reasons many considered the position of his assistant to be a revolving door. To Rob's mind, Pamela Weston was perfect for his purposes, though given her past, he expected convincing her to agree to his program would be a challenge.

Excerpt :
After Pam takes an accidental overdose of sleeping pills with wine, her boss becomes her court-appointed legal guardian. Though Pam is attracted to her handsome employer, his tendency to take charge occasionally rubs her the wrong way. So, when she discovers he'd had his employees go into her apartment without her permission and move all her belongings, she begins to see red.

"Honestly, Krista, I don't think I can face him right now without doing something violent."
Nodding, Krista rose. "Okay. I definitely don't want you to hurt yourself. If you must leave, I'll take you—" Her words were cut off when Rob stepped into the room; his pleased smile vanishing like someone slapped it off his face.
"I see you found your room without too much trouble." He folded his arms over his chest. "Though I'm surprised to hear you're thinking of leaving so soon."
Krista gave Pam a guilty glance. "I'll wait downstairs."
"No need, Krista," Rob assured. "Pam won't be going anywhere."
Pam glared at the man who barred her exit. "Are you planning on holding me prisoner?"
"Not at all. But while I'm your guardian, you will not leave this house without my permission, and I'm not giving it."
Pam surged to her feet, stopping only when Krista put a hand out. "Rob, I really think you should dial down the testosterone a bit and hear her out. She's upset—"
"I can see that, Krista, but unfortunately her mood cannot and will not alter her circumstance. I think you'd better leave. However, I need to go to the office Sunday for the day, so if you could come back for a visit, I believe Pam would appreciate it, as long as you don't offer yourself as the getaway driver again."
Krista nodded. "Sure. I can come back. Pam, I'll see you tomorrow.
Though Pam gave her friend a nod, the moment Krista stepped out of the room, she headed toward the bathroom. "I have a killer headache, so I'm going to take some aspirin." Not waiting for a response, she marched across the shiny tile floor and pulled back the recessed mirror over the sink. After moving a few bottles, she realized, with everything they had moved, there wasn't a single bottle of aspirin or any other sort of pain reliever, and she'd had several of them in her medicine cabinet at her apartment. She started to remove items from the glass-shelved compartment to double-check.
"Don't bother. You won't find what you're looking for."
Slamming the mirrored door, she glared at him. "Why not?"
"Because I will dispense any and all medications you require."
"What? You're saying I can't even take a freaking aspirin without your permission?"
"Lower your voice, please. And that is precisely what I'm saying. You took an overdose, Pam, so all medicine is considered a controlled substance for you."
"That sucks!" she yelled, her head pounding so hard now she thought it might explode.
He bolstered a shoulder against the door. "Yelling isn't going to change the situation or ease your headache."
"No?" At a shake of his head, she flung the medicine cabinet door open again. "Well, maybe this will." And once those words were spoken, she began pitching make-up bottles and jars onto the floor. When they refused to break, she slammed the small drinking glass into the sink's deep marble basin, finding the tinkle of splintering crystal immensely satisfying.
She expected him to charge in and manhandle her into submission, but he remained propped against the doorframe with his arms folded. Blinded by fury and driven by need, she grabbed two jagged shards from the shattered drinking vessel and squeezed them in her fists until blood oozed out.


Buy Links:

Blushing Books

Amazon-USA

Barnes & Noble

Thanks for stopping by,

Anita

1 comment: