Thursday, February 11, 2016

Maggie Ryan Presents My Sassy Settler #hotread



My Sassy Settler

Willamette Wives, Book Two

By Maggie Ryan

What should be a wonderful new adventure for newlyweds Wyatt and Agatha Wilcox is
not turning out quite the way they'd hoped. Wyatt's dreams of building a new life with the
girl he'd met and wed while traveling on the Oregon Trail are turning into a nightmare.
He loves his wife dearly but has no idea how to reach her.

Agatha knows she isn't the wife that Wyatt dreamed of. Despite her deep love for this
man, she just finds it impossible to  cast  aside  all the words  and  damnation she'd  been
hearing from her stepfather for the past year. Her hope that she'd find a fresh start as Mrs.
Wilcox, and her excitement at the idea of settling into their first home on a ranch they're
going to help build, are overshadowed by the fact that her Ma is no longer with her, and
the knowledge that she is not the pure and innocent woman Wyatt deserves. She knows
she is a sinner; a woman too weak and too selfish to let the man she loves go free.

Dangers in this newly settled land aren't limited to the bears and wild cats that roam the
forests and mountains of the Willamette Valley. The deep cold of winter is coming, and
the ranch's  inhabitants  need  to  prepare. It  is  with  the  help  of friends,  their  partners  in
building  The  Double  R  Ranch—affectionately  known  as  The  Rose  Ranch  to  its
founders—that  things  come  to  a  head  between Agatha  and Wyatt,  and their first steps
toward a new life are taken. Will the couple find their way past the hatred spewed by a
self­  proclaimed  preacher  to find that, together,  they  have the strength  and the love to
build the lives they each had envisioned?

With  patience  and  love,  will  Agatha  learn  to  trust  that  this  man  would  never  let  her
down? What will Wyatt think when he discovers that, beneath her fear, he not only wed a
wonderful woman, but he has wed his own Sassy Settler?

My Sassy Settler is the second book in the Willamette Wives series, and also continues
the story of Anna and Richard, Charity and James, and other characters first introduced in
Maggie Ryan's bestselling book: His Passionate Pioneer.

Disclaimer: This book contains the spanking of adult women and explicit sexual scenes
including anal play. If such material offends you, please do not purchase.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/My­Sassy­Settler-WillametteWives/dp/1682590682/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447069886&sr=8­1&keywords=My+sassy+settler


Excerpt

"Are you planning on staying there all day?"

Her  husband's  question  had  come from  above  her  and  had  her  looking  up.  His

height made it easy for him to simply look over the bales and peer down at her. When she

didn't immediately answer, he sighed.

"Agatha, hiding doesn't solve anything. When you are ready to talk, I'll be sitting

right here." He disappeared but she felt the hay at her back move and understood that he

was sitting,  his  back  pressing  against  the  hay  on  the  opposite side  of  where she  was

leaning. The only sounds in the barn were the shuffling of the animals in their stalls.

Several minutes passed before she spoke. "I'm sorry."

"So am I."

Her  heart  ached.  She'd  been  waiting  for  this  moment  for  weeks.  Though  she

wasn't  strong  enough  to  let  him  go,  she'd  never  doubted  that  one  day  he'd  find  the

strength  to set  her  aside.  After  all, she'd  done  nothing  but  push  him  away since  their

wedding day.

"I'll­I'll go," she whispered.

"Aggy, the  only  place  you will  be  going is  across my  knees if  you  don't  get it

through your thick skull that I love you."

"Y­you do?"

"Oh, for God's sake!" She felt the hay shift at her back. Before she could react, he

had  moved,  lifted  her  off  her  feet  and  stepped  back  around  the  stack.  In  one  fluid

movement, he sank to sit on the hay bale she'd caused to fall onto the floor, adjusted her

so that she was straddling his lap and cupped her chin in his fingers, forcing her head to

tilt back.

"Open your eyes and look at me." The silence drew out until she opened her eyes

and focused  on  him.  "If  you  don't  hear  another  word I say,  hear  this. I  loved  you  the

moment I held you in my  arms  at that dance. I've loved you  every moment since  and,

young lady, I will love you until the day I die."

"I  don't want  you to  die!"  She  burst  into  tears,  the force  of  her sobs making  it

difficult to draw breath, but she had to make him understand. "I­I deserve to die... I'm the

ba­bad  one.  You­you  are  go­good.  I­I  begged  God  to­to  take...  take  me...  but  he­he

knows I­I'm a­a liar and, and..."

Wyatt dropped her chin to wrap his arms around her and pulled her to his chest.

One hand began to stroke up and down her back. "Shhh, oh, Aggy, shhh. No one is going

to die." When she attempted to push away to explain, he simply held her tighter. "Shhh, I

promise everything is going to be just fine."






Maggie Ryan

Author  for  Blushing  Books.  I  write  both  contemporary  erotica  and  historical

spanking  romances.  I  enjoy  writing  about  characters  that  enjoy  the  provocative  D/S

lifestyle of today’s times as well as taking a step back into the past to write stories that

take place in the Victorian era with age­play as a theme.

I live in the great Lone Star state with my wonderful husband.  I have always loved

reading.  Growing up in a family with four children, it was difficult finding a place to be

alone.  I was probably one of the squeakiest clean girls on the planet as I would spend

hours in the tub so I could read without being bothered.  It wasn’t long before I began to

make up my own endings to the books I was reading.  From there, it just seemed natural

to begin writing my own stories.

I  never  try  to  restrict  myself  to  any  one  genre  because  there  are  just  too  many

delicious  possibilities  out  there  and  inside  my  head.  I  admit  to  being somewhat  of  a

romantic though as my stories always must have a great deal of love, passion, corporal

discipline and, of course, great, mind­blowing sex.  I want my readers to be able to see,

hear, feel and know the characters that I’m creating as well as I do when I bring them to

life and transfer their stories to paper.  I want my women to be strong of character but

also strong enough to know that submission given in love and trust to your partner does

not  make  you  weaker,  it  makes  you  far stronger.  I  want  my  men  to  be sexy, strong,

demanding alpha males who know how to take what they want while acknowledging it is

a gift they have been blessed with by the women that have chosen to submit to them.  I

want there to be no doubt that they truly would die for the other no matter how others

might view their relationship.

Follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/_Maggie_Ryan

Email: maggie.ryan.writes@gmail.com

Don’t miss these exciting titles by Maggie Ryan and Blushing Books!

Charming Isabella
Louisa Revealed: Women of Wintercrest Book 1
Lord Edward’s Law: Women of Wintercrest Book 2
Claimed: Women of Wintercrest Book 3
Lucy Surrenders:  Women of Wintercrest Book 4
Summer Solace
Becoming His: The Teaching of Rebecca
Lucy’s Journey Home:  Hunter’s Ridge Book 1
Homecoming: Hunter’s Ridge Book 2
Reunion: Hunter’s Ridge Book 3
Designed for Submission: Divine Designs Book 1
A Submissive's Dream: Divine Designs Book 2
Treasured Submission
Haven’s Promise: Divine Designs Book 3
The Christmas Pickle
A Submissive’s Gift: Divine Designs Book 4
Rosie’s Resolutions (Masters of the Castle)
My Charming Valentine (Corbin’s Bend)
Miss Summers’ School: Lessons in Submission, Book One
Cherry’s Jubilee: Lessons in Submission, Book Two
Ever  Lasting Hope (Corbin’s Bend)
An  Author’s Angst (Corbin’s Bend)
Realizing Her Dream (w/ Laurel Jane)
His Passionate Pioneer
My Sassy Settler
A Little Sunshine (written w/ Abbie Adams)

Thanks for sharing,

Anita


P.S. Visit the other participants joining in the
















No comments:

Post a Comment