Friday, December 9, 2016

My Capricious Cowgirl by Maggie Ryan #NeverendingTour #romance




Out of destruction comes hope; out of silence comes profound love.

Matthew Stone is a rancher who finds his greatest pleasure in working in the great outdoors, doing his part in building the Rose Ranch in the Oregon territory. He has watched his friends wed, and accepts their teasing about his confirmed bachelorhood. All that changes the day he is out repairing fences and looks up to see a horse jumping the railing, aware of how dangerous that is, as the last fence drops away. His warning does nothing to stop the rider, and a scream has him racing down the cliff, expecting to find the worst. What he finds instead is a small boy, clinging to a boulder while the river attempts to pull him away.

Sally Jefferson has just arrived in a strange place, and her young son Davy is the only person she knows there. Devastation and heartache have followed them as they braved the Oregon Trail, and she fears that, after surviving over two-thousand miles, she won't survive another moment when Davy's life is threatened.
The moment Matthew and Sally meet is like an echo of the storm that drove her from her home, as lightning seems to strike between them.

Matthew never expected to fall in love. Now he finds himself head over heels not only for Sally, but for a boy who doesn't speak and yet has stolen his heart.
Will Matthew be able to convince Sally that life can begin again? Will the fact that his very touch ignites her soul be enough to allow her to accept not only his love, but his discipline?

My Capricious Cowgirl is the fourth book in the Willamette Wives series about a group of pioneers who are building their dreams together and sharing in both the burdens and the joys. They are far more than friends… they are a family. Though this is the fourth book, it can be read as a standalone.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, including spanking and anal play. If any of these offend you, please do not purchase.

1.     Purchase Links




2.    

EXCERPT:

PG:

Matthew didn’t speak but he set his cup aside and then hers as well, pulling her to sit on his lap. She sank against him, still lost in that day.
 “Then the rains came. God, I’ve never seen such rain. You couldn’t see your hand in front of your face, sheets of water fell, drenching everything in moments. I knew I wasn’t deaf when the thunder began rolling…” She glanced up at him. “My ma used to say thunder was God’s laughter at jokes the angels would tell. It’s not. It’s the Devil’s voice and… and lightning is his toy. The sky was sickly green, the air too thick to breathe, and the lightning just wouldn’t stop. It danced in the sky and then exploded as it struck the ground. I-I could feel the earth rumbling under my feet. I was absolutely terrified and yet mesmerized at the sheer power of the storm. It-it was like the four horses of the apocalypse were charging across the fields, absolute destruction their goal. I fell to my knees in the mud, too terrified to even attempt to get out of their path. The rain turned to hail and I couldn’t believe the size of the stones when they struck me. All I knew was that if they hit Davy, he could be seriously injured. God, he was trembling so hard in my arms but I couldn’t let go.
“The entire world became black… and I saw two funnel clouds drop from the sky, tearing up everything in their paths. I was sure the world was coming to an end. Lightning bolts… I don’t know how many… hit a huge tree and it burst into a huge ball of fire. Limbs shot off in all directions, one almost struck me and it took me a moment to realize some had fallen onto the house. Within seconds all I could see was a wall of flames.”
Tears were streaming down her cheeks and yet she was totally unaware of them falling. Her voice was so soft as she said, “It was if every soul in hell was rejoicing, playing havoc with the world that had condemned them for all eternity. Screaming. Shrieking. Crying. God, I wanted to be blind… to be deaf again. All I could see was devastation; all I could hear was destruction.”



Author Bio


A USA Today and #1 international best selling author, I have been writing stories as long as I can remember. I enjoy writing both contemporary erotica as well as historical books set in ages past. I love developing characters that are able to tell their own stories. My heroines are multi-faceted women who are strong, intelligent and capable in their own right but find a deep need to share their lives with those strong, sexy and dominant alpha males that capture their hearts. My heros recognize the gift of submission for the gift it is, loving and protecting the women that offer that gift. I enjoy sweet, romantic stories with just a taste of domestic discipline as well as one that explore the harsher D/S lifestyle. I also enjoy writing age-play stories set both in Victorian era where women didn't have a great deal of power in their lives as well as in today's present time where women still find their happiness is greatly enhanced in offering the gift of submission. My hope is that you settle back in your favorite chair and allow my books to entertain you and let you escape into another world.

Please feel free to contact me at: maggie.ryan.writes@gmail.com as I'd love to hear from you.

I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a review on Amazon as well as reviews not only help inform other potential readers about books that you have enjoyed, they serve to help me strive to become a better writer. I so appreciate every reader and wish you Happy Reading!



 Thanks for sharing,

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment