Thursday, March 6, 2008

A wake up Egg-cerpt by Rynne Raines

Title: The Awakening
Author: Rynne Raines
Price: $1.50
At The Wild Rose Press
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/wilderroses/index.php

Egg-cerpt

Dr. Burnadak hunched forward, resting his forearms on the desk. "So
you believe a man materialized in your room, saved your life, and
then vanished?"

Her back stiffened. "Actually, I'm not sure what to believe. For the
last three years I've had dreams about...Alexander."

"You mean dreams about the night of the fire?"

Natalie froze. No, not about the fire, although her dreams held that
same heat. Finally, she shook her head.

"Well, if not about the fire, then what?"

She bit the inside of her cheek and readjusted herself in the chair.
How was she to explain she was having erotic dreams about an
imaginary man to a stranger who was already looking at her as if she
had two heads?

"Did you have a dream last night?"

Pressing her dry lips together, she nodded.

"Well, why don't you start there?"

She steered her gaze towards the window, a few minutes passing before
she found the courage to speak. "In my dreams, he's standing by my
bedroom door, watching me."

"How do you feel when you see him watching you?"

She touched her hand to her throat. "Warm inside, like his gaze is
burning into me, stronger than anything I've ever experienced before.
When I see him I feel drawn, compelled to be near him."

"Then you're attracted to him?"

She nodded without thinking. "It's more than an attraction though,
that's what frightens me." She flashed a brief uneasy smile then
focused back on the window.

"How does Alexander act in these dreams?"

"He starts out a complete gentleman, but…" She was once again lost in
the fantasy.

"Something primal takes over, and there's a beast raging
inside him set on claiming me. He backs me to the wall,
dragging his hands the length of my body until he's on his
knees…" (For more on The Awakening visit www.rynneraines.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment