Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Flash From The Past Posts - Month Long Event

Hi everyone,

To celebrate having a blog since 2008, this month I decide to go back and feature some of the books I've had on my site over the years. The covers might have changed and they are at new outlets but they are still great reads.

I hope you enjoy revisiting these hot books.

So let's get started.


2005 EPPIE Award Finalist--Best Historical Fiction! 

Despite the collar marking her as a slave of Dunn na Carraice, young Lin is fiercely determined to retain her pride and keep her family intact. That dignity bears a price, for Lin has drawn the wrath of Modred, the youngest prince of Orkney. His single-minded quest to break strong-willed Lin--by any means necessary—nearly succeeds. 

Although Lin is accustomed to the death, disease, rape and famine that runs rampant in the slave hovel she calls home, it is when her beloved brother Dafydd is placed on the auction block that her warrior spirit becomes apparent to all who challenge her, and the shocking secret of her


Egg-cerpt:
"Oh, he is good," I whispered. I wanted to watch the prince's life drain from him, just as he was draining the spirit from me. My vow to stop rebelling forgotten, I envisioned Prince Modred's blood pooling at my feet.

"What was that, Lin?"

"The bastard is good. A worthy adversary. He knew precisely where to strike. Where it would hurt most. That is why I did not see him today. Oh, for a bard's curse."

"Lin, leave it. You cannot win against him."

"Ah, but I will. Just you watch me, Dafydd. So help me, I shall win." I heaved my bowl across the room towards the palace. Its contents flew in every direction, and people in its path ducked their heads to avoid being hit by the missile. "This is between you and me, prince. Attack me all you want, but leave my brother out of it."

Purchase  -  amazon

Shared this post back in 2008 - thanks Debra light the path for my flash into the past.


Anita
 www.anitaphilmar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment