Monday, August 10, 2015

Another #RockingSummerRomance Love is a Rose




Music is the magical entry into the spirit world; the golden gate into the Kingdom of God. But we mustn’t be of the mindset that God only uses Christian music to reach out and touch our mind, heart and spirit. God uses any and every means available to speak to His children.

Our job is to be open and receptive.

In this devotional, Pamela S Thibodeaux shares how God opened her spirit to a deeper understanding of the abundance of His grace and mercy through the words of the song, The Rose sung by Country & Western artist Conway Twitty.


Pamela offers Seeds to Ponder and a prayer as she parallels the love of God and the Christian life to each verse of the song.

EGG-CERPT:  Introduction

The Bible talks of harps playing and choirs of angelic hosts singing. It also tells us to “make a joyful noise unto the Lord.” The Israelites were ordered to send the praise and worship team—playing musical instruments, dancing and singing—ahead of the soldiers into battle. So there must be something special and powerful about music.

Music is an intricate element of worship, an aspect of praise that brings you into intimate proximity with the Lord. Music lifts you physically (fatigue disappears, pain is forgotten), mentally (your mind is filled with it, erasing everything else), emotionally (you are saturated with joy and peace) and spiritually (your spirit soars on the wings of His); opening your heart and mind to receive more of God’s presence, more of His truth.

Music is the magical entry into the spirit world; the golden gate into the Kingdom of God. But we mustn’t be of the mindset that God only uses Christian music to reach out and touch our mind, heart and spirit. God uses any and every means available to speak to His children.

Our job is to be open and receptive.

Nearly every Christian song I hear touches my heart in some way, urging me into a closer walk with God and bringing me a truer knowledge of Jesus. Amazingly though, the one song that really opened my spirit to a deeper understanding of the abundance of His grace and mercy wasn’t a Christian song but a Country one.

I’ll never forget the morning in 1995 when The Rose as performed by Conway Twitty came to me in its entirety with Bible references or Scriptures correlating to every verse…

Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed“A bruised reed He will not break.”

Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed….Bible Conversion; a cutting or stripping away of old beliefs.

Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless, aching need"As the hind longs for running water, so my soul longs for thee oh God...”

I say love, it is a flower, and you its only seed…“If you have faith the size of a mustard seed…”

It’s the heart, afraid of breaking, that never learns to dance… David danced before the Lord.

It's the dream, afraid of waking, that never takes the chance"Entrust your works unto the Lord and your plans will succeed."

It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give…“Love is not selfish…For God so loved the world He GAVE…!”

And the soul, afraid of dying, that never learns to live"What shall a man give in exchange for his soul…For what is man profited if he should gain the whole world but lose his soul?”  Or more accurately…“Let not your heart be anxious, for I am with you always, even unto the end of time.”

When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long"I am going but I will not leave you alone. I will send you a comforter, a counselor to guide and help you.”

And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong…. “God is love and he who dwells in love dwells with God. The meek shall inherit the earth…blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God.”

Just remember in the winter (of darkness and sin)....Jesus died so that we might have life, He conquered sin and darkness…. “I came so that you might have life, in abundance, to the full, overflowing.”

Far beneath the bitter snows...How can something so beautiful, so pure, be so bitter and cold? God is light. He washes us clean with the shed blood of His Son so that we might be as pure as the snow.

Lies the seed, (of faith)...that with the sun's (Son's) love...in the spring... (season of new birth, new life)...becomes the rose (an attractive flower).

Wow, what a revelation!

I immediately sat down and wrote the ensuing compilation paralleling the love of God and the life of a Christian to the words of this song.

Why do you suppose God used a country song to teach me about Himself?

I believe God was using a means familiar to me to show the depth and power of His love for me.

It is my prayer the words contained herein will do the same for you.

Before I begin, let me answer a few questions about myself. I am not a minister or even a candidate for the ministry. I have no degree or doctorate in psychology or anything resembling either. I am simply a Christian housewife and mother who's been blessed with a talent for writing and who desires to glorify the Lord of my life with that talent.

As I said in my opening statement, the Lord led me to write this analogy so the words in it (and I'm sure He also led the songwriter to write such a beautiful song) are His, guided through me by the power of the Holy Spirit to speak to you. So, let's begin.

Love is A Rose can be Purchased at:

Amazon in Print and for Kindle
Barnes & Noble in Print and on Nook
Smashwords for E-Readers and Deeper Shopping!

Find me at:
http://pamelathibodeaux.com
http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/psthib
https://www.facebook.com/pamelasthibodeaux

Thanks for letting me share!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" 

1 comment: