Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Feasting with the Enemy by Kate Hill #Vampire, @Katehillromance, #Romance



Scarlet Nights 3: Feasting With the Enemy
by Kate Hill

Blurb:
After more than a century sharing a bed and fighting at each other's backs, vampire warriors Blair and May have forged an unbreakable bond.

Now the mysterious New Reign is seeking additional members. Their philosophy--recruit or destroy. Using mind manipulation, they stir up dark memories from the past to tempt Blair and May into killing each other.

Given the chance to resurrect his murdered first wife and children, will Blair now sacrifice the woman he loves--his wife and blood child, May?

Excerpt:
“His affection for Blair has never been a secret,” Daria pointed out. “I knew that at one time Hamilton desired him, but for a very long time Blair has been nothing more than a good friend and blood son to him. Hamilton had nothing to fear from me, either.”

“Nor from me,” May said.

Both women and Giacomo looked at Blair.

Blair’s eyes blazed. “So I’m the one, is that it? It’s my fault he didn’t come clean straight away. I’m the monster who would never forgive him.”

“Good lord, Blair, you’ve never lost your flair for drama,” Daria said.

“Sweetheart, we know you can be a bit overzealous, that’s all,” May told him.

Giacomo said, “The question is, will this affect how any of us work with Hamilton?”

“Like Daria said. He’s my blood father and my oldest friend. If you doubt my love for him or my ability to do my duty, then to hell with you.”

“Are you finished now?” May demanded. “Do you feel better?”

“May, I hate it when you talk to me in that tone.”

“Then get a hold of yourself.”

“We all agree to use the information Hamilton provided and move on without mistrust or anger?” Daria asked.

“Hamilton trusted us in the end,” Giacomo said. “He told us everything we needed to know. I don’t think his loyalty is in question.”

“Of course it’s not,” Blair said. “I didn’t think for a second he would turn to the New Reign.”

“All right then.” Daria leaned back in her chair, resting her elbows on the arms and making a steeple with her polished fingertips. “Let’s move on and discuss watch schedules and training time.”

“Until we know more about the reason behind this attack on Hamilton, I think both he and May should take particular precautions,” Blair said. “Hamilton is off street duty for a while, at least until he heals, and I think May should stay off patrol for a bit as well.”

“No,” May said firmly. “No way, Blair. I indulged your paranoia last night, but I’m not being confined to desk work.”

“May, we don’t know if they were targeting you or recruiting Hamilton,” Blair insisted.

“They’re targeting everyone who’s not on their side. I’m not special.”

You are to me. His psychic voice echoed in her head.

Being your wife doesn’t give me special privileges. I’m a warrior just like you. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten that again.

Blair was about to react, but Daria interrupted. “You both have legitimate points. Blair, you can’t expect May to hide forever and May, Blair’s suggestion that you proceed with caution is a sensible one. I suggest a compromise.”

“What sort of compromise?” May asked warily.

Purchase Link:

About Kate Hill
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.

When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets. She also writes under the name Saloni Quinby. Connect with her online at http://www.kate-hill.com, http://www.twitter.com/katehillromance, and http://www.facebook.com/katehillsaloniquinby.


No comments:

Post a Comment